Unit 34 Archery Elk

I'll be chasing bugling bulls for the first time in my life starting September 15th. As a hunter who grew up in Arkansas this has always been a dream, and now is reality. Couldn't be more excited to have this opportunity. I've been scouting maps and on foot a ton already. Anyone have some trail cam or harvest photos of Unit 34 bulls? Time to get pumped for September!

I'll be chasing bugling bulls for the first time in my life starting September 15th. As a hunter who grew up in Arkansas this has always been a dream, and now is reality. Couldn't be more excited to have this opportunity. I've been scouting maps and on foot a ton already. Anyone have some trail cam or harvest photos of Unit 34 bulls? Time to get pumped for September!
Where are you located in Arkansas? I’m in northeast Oklahoma.

Lucky you. What a great, fun hunt you're about to have. Love it there. Just wish I could draw that tag again. I've hunted it a few times and have been into elk just about every day of my hunt. The picture is my best bull from 34. I've hunted archery and muzzy there and have always hunted out of Sacramento. I camp above Aqua Chiquita Canyon top of Perk Canyon Road. Hunt around Monument Spring, Jim Lewis Spring, Puckett Canyon and Salt Rock Canyon. Hopefully it will be wet this summer and some of the tanks will have water in them. Good luck.

Picture 225.jpg

I too have the first archery tag and am excited!!! If anyone wants to reach out to me please PM. I'll do the same. Buglemin that bull is very, very nice! Osprey great bull as well. :)

Well congrats on the tag AO!. If this will be your first time hunting elk then you will sure be ruined for life starting out with such a premium hunt. I hope you get a biggin.
I'm a redneck Arky myself "Go Hogs". I've never hunted NM but been looking at 34 and 36.
I will be chasing a muley this year further west over in AZ.

Yep the odds are against a 1st time elk hunter going DIY being able to close the deal with archery equipment even in the best of elk units. But the opportunities that you will likely have to get into elk and work some bulls will make it an awsome hunt. And you may be beat the odds and stick the biggest bull in the woods ?.
I will be eager to hear about your adventures!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom