Unit 34 Deer Help

ixsolracxi

I will be hunting this unit w/bow...i plan on hunting labor day weekend w/hopes of getting a buck in velvet and again in january during the rut...what are some areas to look at in sept and jan? any help and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated...

solrac

Solrac, i live here and it is a tough unit. Up to a few years ago it was a OTC draw and was overhunted.

I got a nice buck last year during the last part of archery season so there are a few.

I think your best chance by far is the Jan season. Have you been in this area before?

Nice part about this unit is you can hunt pinon junipers and or Aspen evergreen.

thanks for the pm's and info...i really do appreciate it...

nmpaul, i have not hunted the unit before, i had a tag last year but did not hunt sept due to hunting elk, was planning the january hunt, unfortunately, some other things came up and i was not able to make it...this year my elk hunt is the 16-24 sept so i am planning to hunt 34 labor day weekend and again in jan...thanks for the info...

solrac

You do know that there is a "control area" for CWD in unit 34?
Check out the N M Dept Game and Fish site.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom