Unit 34 meat processing

tmbr_hntr

Trying to figure out the logistics of my son and I having tags, but me not headed home afterwards. Nearest meat processors for unit 34 or maybe not nearest, but best?

Hey Elkocd which hunt do you have? My son and I will be out there Oct 9-13 coming from SLC. I’m planning on bringing all mine home in coolers but would like a backup option as well if we need someone to process it down there.

Hey Elkocd which hunt do you have? My son and I will be out there Oct 9-13 coming from SLC. I’m planning on bringing all mine home in coolers but would like a backup option as well if we need someone to process it down there.
Early archery. I will be down there last week of Aug. My son is riding down with my dad before the 1st. They will leave at the end of the hunt then I'm headed to AZ for an elk hunt, then a few weeks in UT before my CO hunt early Nov. I want to have a plan if one of us gets one early on to get processed and frozen. Then they can take another back in coolers and cut it up at home.

I live in 34. I process my own, but, I know of at least a couple processors. Vic's and A & M. I would visit with both of them on the phone and decide which one can meet your needs. I have use Vics for years for steers and lambs and he does a good job. The shipping or holding frozen meat is the issue you will have to discuss.

I live in 34. I process my own, but, I know of at least a couple processors. Vic's and A & M. I would visit with both of them on the phone and decide which one can meet your needs. I have use Vics for years for steers and lambs and he does a good job. The shipping or holding frozen meat is the issue you will have to discuss.
Thanks! I will check them out. Don't really need to ship or hold. My dad and son will take it back with them when they leave.

Hey there Rick, I have the same hunt (early archery) in 34, and will be coming over from AZ. I'm planning to go over to scout the weekend of 8/6 and then be there early for the hunt on the 28th.

I'll drop you a line when closer and maybe we can link up.

Trying to figure out the logistics of my son and I having tags, but me not headed home afterwards. Nearest meat processors for unit 34 or maybe not nearest, but best?
My family and I have used Vic’s in Alamogordo for the last 5 years and have had great results.

If any of you want an assist with a pack out, message me beforehand and we can exchange numbers. I will be available after 8 September.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom