Unit 34

stinky

I've got 2 kids w/a doe license in unit 34. I've driven past it a ton (and will do it again tomorrow). but, I've never really been in it.

Tis north of New Castle.

Anybody got any general ideas?
John 14:6

North of New Castle is 33. 34 is east of there from Canyon Creek to Dotsero. What are the hunt dates? If early head up to the top on the Coffee Pot Rd unless you want to try Transfer Trail in an ATV/UTV/Jeep. If the dates are later look for access around Storm King and right around Glenwood Springs. It's one of western Colorado's tougher deer hunts but you could get lucky.

I just got the licenses out.

Tis unit 34, 2nd season 10/17-10/25

I've never been up Transfer Trail...is it passable in a Suburban?

Transfer Trail is passable in a Suburban, and probably a F150 too.

It is not quite a Jeep Trail, but there were about 3 spots in it that sorta made me wonder which way to attack it

No, it was pretty disagreeable that day and we never got out of the truck for more than about 10 minutes.

We may try around Stormking or off of Coffee Pot Rd, depending on how the weather and kids schedule lines up.

They changed it this year, you can pretty much hunt any season you want, w/an unused either-sex or female license for deer and elk, in your block of units.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom