Unit 38 bull moose

Big4x4muley

After 25 yrs I decided to go for it and figured I stood a good chance at drawing and I was successful so time to get serious do I hunt archery or rifle and is it worth bringing horses all questions that go thru my head there are pros and cons to both looking forward to the hunt and thanks for those that gave there input back in Feb I will keep everyone updated

Both and why not bring the horses. I would rather have horses and not need them… Not needed you can do it
Either way

Horses are not needed for moose in 38. Seems like at lot of work taking them for nothing unless you just want to ride in the mountains.

You should definitely archery hunt, the bulls are responsive to calls. We play with them during archery elk hunting frequently.

Horses are not needed for moose in 38. Seems like at lot of work taking them for nothing unless you just want to ride in the mountains.

You should definitely archery hunt, the bulls are responsive to calls. We play with them during archery elk hunting frequently.
Only part of unit i was in was Albany and surrounding area when my brother had his cow tag seen a couple smaller bulls the fish and game biologist recommended west of that area and pack in for bigger bulls is only reason why I would think of horses friends here in idaho say hunt the rut and biologist says dont waste ur time during rut because bulls are running cows in dark timber so still confused about that part

Stop into camps up and down the roads. Most hunters will be happy to tell you where they've seen bulls. Moose will not be too far away from open willow parks and they are vocal during the rut. They also leave a ton of sign.

Stop into camps up and down the roads. Most hunters will be happy to tell you where they've seen bulls. Moose will not be too far away from open willow parks and they are vocal during the rut. They also leave a ton of sign.
When do they actually start rutting are they about the same as elk mid sept to first week of oct ??

Only part of unit i was in was Albany and surrounding area when my brother had his cow tag seen a couple smaller bulls the fish and game biologist recommended west of that area and pack in for bigger bulls is only reason why I would think of horses friends here in idaho say hunt the rut and biologist says dont waste ur time during rut because bulls are running cows in dark timber so still confused about that part
The areas that come to mind west of Albany to pack into are wilderness. I know an outfitter that would be your friend.

The areas that come to mind west of Albany to pack into are wilderness. I know an outfitter that would be your friend.
What was recommended with horses was trails south of hwy 130 , libby flats ,around browns peak and drainages s. Of hwy 230

Lots of roads all over, some are closed.
We'll keep and ear out for sightings this summer near our White Rock lot.
Big bulls can be anywhere in 38, the wilderness may provide some respite from the road hunters though.
Like stated above, most folks will be more than willing to share moose sightings with you.
Sept, for me has been easier for me to call the bulls away from the cows. In the rut they tend to stay with them, just my experience though.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom