Unit 38 NM OTC Barbary

Ltorres62

Hello,
I am looking to go OTC Barbary Sheep hunting in early December. I know Unit 34 is what most everyone hunts. But I have heard of them being in unit 38. Unit 38 is a little easier for me to get to and I hear is a little easier terrain for my grandfather who will be with me. I see that the unit is not as rocky or have as many cliffs as 34 but I am completely new to the Unit and have no idea where to start. If anyone is able to give me some good detailed starting points or anywhere they have seen some barbs it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Good luck . I’m sure someone on the World Wide Web is just dying to open their mouth about a spot . OTC barb spots are like gold IMO and you might have some luck here .
Not to be a dick or anything , most of those days are over for me, but I’ve seen a huge uptick in unit dropping , gps cords Given out over open forum! Face book and you tube being the absolute worst ! What happened to good old fashioned BUY A MAP N SOME BOOTS and go get after it? Again not be a dick , just the unit dropping and things to that effect are driving me crazy!
GOOD LUCK ! I whole heartedly hope you find what you’re looking for ! If someone does decide to share I hope they have the common sense to at least pm you! God bless

Even in the draw units Barbs are not behind every yucca or in every canyon. I'd be willing to bet they are in every OTC unit listed by NMDGF but are even fewer and farther between. As a species they are nomadic, here today, gone tomorrow. Even if you are lucky enough to get someone to tell you where they saw a sheep, you may or may not find any there.

All you can do is head out and start looking around. Good luck, finding them OTC is not easy. And if I found some I certainly wouldn't post the location on a forum or tell anyone...

Get out an explore with a tag in your pocket and gun in your hand. Put in the work and you will learn where and how to enjoy OTC Barb hunting.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom