Unit 40 bear tag 3rd season

pdkillr

As title says, am NR and have never hunted bear but would take one if I run across while elk hunting. Are they or should they still be around in a couple weeks. NOT ASKING FOR YOUR BEAR HONEY HOLE IN UNIT 40. Thanks to the few that will actually help.

Thank you. Yes I'm aware of the private land and have secured some access. Like I stated don't know anything, zero, zilch about hunting bears. My main focus will be elk. But if a bear presents itself and I'm not going to screw up my elk hunt I would take a bear. My main questions is with the weather in that part of the country will the bears still be out and active or will most be in for the winter? Seems kinda late in the season for bears? But again I have no idea.

>Thank you. Yes I'm aware of
>the private land and have
>secured some access. Like I
>stated don't know anything, zero,
>zilch about hunting bears. My
>main focus will be elk.
>But if a bear presents
>itself and I'm not going
>to screw up my elk
>hunt I would take a
>bear. My main questions is
>with the weather in that
>part of the country will
>the bears still be out
>and active or will most
>be in for the winter?
>Seems kinda late in the
>season for bears? But again
>I have no idea.

Get a bear tag if you kill an Elk just sit were you can see the kill site.
A couple of days ago they had one in Grand Junction by one of the schools

Get a tag. You can't kill one without a tag. I would be willing to bet though if we have decent snow and cold you may not see any but you never know. Can't rely on weather.

It may be hit or miss for bears during the 3rd season...depending upon the weather. Can't hurt to have a tag if you see one? It's up to you if you want to take time away from your elk hunt to skin and pack out a bear if you get one? There's lots of private land in 40....if you are in an area with little public land and you spook elk...you may screw up your elk chances.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom