Unit 41 Deer

diyidaho

Got lucky and pulled the 41 tag in the 2nd draw. Hunted the unit for lope and coyotes a few times but not for deer. Anyone willing to share some information or expectations? Pm or reply.. Thanks, I appreciate it

We used to hunt it when I was a kid, before it was a controlled hunt. Some of the bucks like to bed under the rim rock, get the wind right and look there.

Congrads tough unit to hunt , very few deer & even fewer bucks. one of the guys on here drew the same tag last year he hunted way down around Duck Valley & the Nevada border as well as off the Mud Flat road & saw hardly any bucks . This unit needs a Butt load of snow too fall in unit 40 to get some good bucks moved into it. I would look around Mud Flat & check with the farmers & ranchers that border MF for permission

Hunted it last year. Had a good dump of snow, but alas, all those dickhead elk hunters on their quads just keep everything stirred up. You will see.. no doubt of that. And they seem to bring all the buddies they have ever known as well. And they ignore the wilderness boundaries. Try to walk and it won't be long before some dickhead on some kind of machine, quad, utv, or snowmobile will show up. We snowshoed up a big canyon near the NV border and saw a few deer...nothing big which really surprised us.. and then came a crew of dickheads. Once they saw us they pointed their machines right to us. " You guys seen any elk around here?" We had seen a shitload but told them there were none and to ##### off. 41 is some crazy #####. The elk hunters will piss you off, just wait. Plus, there are tons of landowner cow tags being given out... and they are not likely to be staying on private land. My plan would be to stay west of the highway and try to get away from all those bozos, even if you might see less animals. Or hunt south of bruneau a few miles, bang a 150 and be done with it. It's not the super tag your thinking. Just not that many big deer. We hunted it till the end last year and the NV elk hunters were saying they were seeing some big bucks way up high on their side. Even with lots of snow it was tough hunting. Coulda shot fifty 150 type of bucks.. never saw one over 170. We ate our tags.

Thanks for the information. Been out scouting a few times. Anyone else have any information they would like to share?

188202k.jpg

This is a buck I got a few years ago in 41. 27 wide scores about 170. If you see one like this shoot it, I haven't seen any bigger in this unit.

Yes, very cool mass and color. Looks to maybe be an old buck.

Curious, see much running around? Girl at my work had that tag and didn't turn up much, but I suspect she didn't work very hard at it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom