unit 43

C

cbr929ks

I told a friend that I was going to Idaho and he said to go to unit 43. Can anyone tell me about this unit? I was going to hunt for whitetail( in unit 1-6) but he said the muleys are good there. Not looking for a honey hole just info on the unit. Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-08 AT 02:47PM (MST)[p]Been a good fire burning since the begining of Aug, but its a good unit, and theres alot of deer, but unless your looking for a doe/forkie they won't come easy. I think the reason everyone including magizines etc preach 43 is because it borders unit 39, which is general as well and when most non resi's fly into Boise, both zones are right there. Good luck where u decide to hunt! Just get the hell away from the roads and pumpkins and you'll find deer.

Alot of people... where theres people theres 4 wheelers(atv's),and if you don't see'um you, hear'un. get away from roads is all I can say. strong migration if the weather is right. good luck j

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but, I'm curious about this fire.

What part of the unit caught fire?

-Dave

Idahogrinder I hear that alot (get off the road). alot of road hunter huh. thank for the help, will post went a get back.

idahobiggamehunter all of us do not live in such a good state to hunt like idaho so we must travel to do so.Becouse of the out of state hunters your hunting is better.The money that is spent on licences helps your herds out along with the money that is spent while they are there helps out your economy as well.When you make statements like that it makes you sound like an idiot.

Whoa! Where did you come up with the idea that "out-of-state" hunters are all "rich" and "faggoty"?

-Dave

Most of us true hunters on this site do not use 4 wheelers to hunt and many guys like me save all year to be abe to go on these hunts and chase our dream animals that are much less abundent in or states.every time you put your 2 cents in on this post it makes you look stupid.

I'm a 25+years hunting Idaho resident and I see most violations and problems arising from residents. Non-residents are very welcome in my opinion. I also hunt other states, so I too am often a "non-resident".

I agree with shane completely I just did not want to look like the a hole out of state guy that said it.The same thing is true of my state as well.When I hunt out of state I look like it as if it is a privlage not a right.Plus most of your guys that are on here are not the kind of people you see terring up the state.

Hell I wish I could afford to hunt out of state...lol, so I guess I will hop on the band wagon and make fun of non resi's.... j/k CBR, I am not jokin about road hunters in there! I killed my first forkie in there, and drug him down to the road, and was skinnin him in a tree when I hear 2 gun shots really close, not 10 seconds later, 4 does come running by about 30 yds. These 3 boners in a old jeep with no top or doors comes ripping around the corner, the guy in the back standing up holding his rifle. They come by asking me if I saw the does, and of course I told them I didnt see them. They wanted me to move my truck so they could drive up a closed logging road, which I was parked in front of to go look for them. I told them what I thought of their hunting style, we exchanged pleasantries, and end of story, I didnt move my truck. Which in 43 you DONT have to go far to find a nanny goat, they're all over the damn place

Idahogrinder,you did the right thing by not moving your truck. I would have done the same thing. It looks like 43 will not be the place for me. I want to get a way from people like that.thank you for the help.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-08 AT 09:30AM (MST)[p]Don't get me wrong there is alot of places to get away from that in 43, I'm just saying that if you dont do the work on your end, that is what you'll see!

I know what you are saying. Me and the guy I go with we like to go where nobody is. we will get back off the road. We like to walk (hike). Thank you again for your help.

Hey shane you got that right!most res won't admit it but non res are hard comp. so its easy to blame them . My neg.experience has mostly been residents. Theres always one bad apple...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom