Unit 44 3rd season

BenHuntn

Back in the day when unit 44 3rd season was over the counter and after that it took 3 points. I never shot a big one but seen a few. Here is some pics of my friends unit 44 deer 3rd season. The top pic is of 2 monsters taken by some friends of mine. The bottom pic is of another monster that my son and I posed with. Also taken by a friend.

1609886409427.png

1609886282800.png

I drew Unit 44 3rd Season in 2002 with three points as a NR. That year there were three non-residents that drew with three points. It required 4 points for the rest of the non-residents. During the hunt I saw 20+ bucks a day, most of them mature deer. I shot a 194" buck on the fourth day, and my cousin shot a 200" buck the day after. I have applied for that unit every year since then, and am not even close to having enough points to draw that hunt again.

Keeping perspective, back in 2002 the point system was young so nobody had too many more points than a handful.
Too bad all of us can't go back and revisit those glory years.
In my youth guys threw away 200" racks or tacked them to a barn because they just wanted the meat...and the family hunting fun.
Boy are those days long gone!

Thanks for sharing. Yep I missed out. It goes to show you states and government is not good at management but look at the bucks that are on private ground where they manage the property well.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom