unit 44 deer rainchecks

• Thread starter WASHMULEYHUNTER
  • Start date
W

WASHMULEYHUNTER

Spoke with the Jerome office yesterday and they are giving the option for a raincheck for unit 44 buck #1029.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-13 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]What is everybody going do? Not sure if all the fire traffic has pushed everything out. Anybody know the visibility?

Yes they will allow you to exchange your tag for a general tag this year and give you the 44 tag next year. You have to decide by the 13th

Surprised they havn't updated their website with the info.

I bet 45 is going to be a good hunt this year with all the fires pushing deer across the hwy. I drove out the day the Kelley Crk fire started and right about the last minutes of Dusk I had to avoid about 10 sets of does/fawns crossing the road between Anderson Ranch and the Highway. That was awful early in the year for that to happen.

So Im just curious.. I am all general hunting this year but if you opted to rain check your tag do they subtract 1 tag from the draw for next year from the pool of tags alloted for that draw area, or would yours just be added on top of however many tags they would normally give out anyway?

I am pretty sure they do double them up. Saw a a question about this with the unit 21 sheep tag earlier this year on the f&g site. The exact question was something like "since you rainchecked all the unit 21 sheep tags last year should I even bother applying this year?" And f&g's response was "apply as you normally would there will just be 3 extra tag holders on top of the 3 from this year".

With 225 tags. I'm sure they wouldn't double up. My guess is they would subtract the amount of tags from the amount of tags they feel are needed to manage the unit. After this year with a lot of the winter range being burnt up will probably be less in most of the south central units. A decrease in available tags will probably be the case.

Wow, can't believe how the fire affected unit 44. Before we were seeing 10-15 bucks a day with a couple being really nice ones. Been up three times since and have only seen four small 2 points. Wish I could trade for unit 45. Looks like this maybe first 3 point seen situation.

I was in 44 yesterday and saw three gorgeous bucks I'd kill to have that tag right now one was a big heavy typical 4x then a big 4x3 with extras and a strange racked 4x

Nope thats what I was looking for in 43 I wasn't even gonna venture into 44 until the floods washed out every possible route I wanted to take

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom