Unit 444 third season rifle for muleys

JT81

Hey guys just found out today that we drew a tag for colorado. It was our first time putting in for colorado so we put in in regards to drawing odds with no points. Now however since we put in I have been reading on here about how hard a hunt it is with very little deer numbers. So needless to say I'm getting worried now about our "great idea" Any recent info I can aquire to narrow my search would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

No Sense in getting Worried now!

The Tag is yours!

And Hopefully you don't Waste it,There are other Hunters that would like to have that Tag & make the Best of it,Hope you do the same!

Hunt Hard!

Research it the Best you can!

Check the Unit out!

And Best of Luck!

You Ain't gonna Shoot a Buck by staying Home!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Go hunt the 555 road boundary of 44 on red table mountain. It's real timbered but I think a big buck will come out during 3rd season. You can hunt part of the holy cross wilderness as well. If your up high plan for all kinds of weather. On dry unseasonably hot years, all it takes is one system to pound red table at near 12,000 ft you can get in trouble.

I hunted 4th season a couple of yrs ago. Its going to be tough finding a good buck but just go have a good time. Call the local warden, he helped me.

I shot the biggest buck I saw, a little over 160 but good mass and a few stickers. I was happy to find him as every other buck I saw was a dink. I'm guessing a lot of the deer were down on private in the oak brush.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-15 AT 04:46PM (MST)[p]Respect what Broomer said. Used to hunt there quite a bit. Every year a good buck was shot by someone in my group. Years ago big bucks came out of there. You just need to be willing to go where other people aren't/won't and you'll find deer and elk. We only hunted Red Table in 2nd season. Weather is huge factor on where and how to hunt. Buddies have been caught on top in a storm and needed SAR to get them out. Good times

I hunted 4th season back in 2012. I drove from Oregon and spent 5 days before the season looking for a nice buck. I found a basket 4x5 with a little sticker the evening before the opener. Pretty buck that probably would have scored around 160. I decided not to go after him on opening day and regretted it the rest of the hunt. Cool country and there has to be some good bucks hiding somewhere. Have fun!

Thanks for all the advice guys. Really looking forward to it and just plan on giving it our best. Another question I have. Since we are doing the 3rd season hunt would we have better chance at finding bigger bucks if the weather holds off. Should we be looking up high or down around the private ground. Again. Thanks for all the information you guys have given.

They start moving down after a big storm so it depends if its been snowing up high or not. But, best time to be out is right when the storm breaks, they'll be on the move

Kp hit it on the head. Snow will push them down pretty fast, If you get a snow storm during your hunt, Your best bet is half way up on a good escape route coming down.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom