Unit 444

F

fishinghunter14

Huntin Unit 444 2nd season for buck and bull just gonna draw the cow tag for good measure. huntin north end on top of red table gonna do a lot of scouting before season and set up camp and hunt hard all week. anyone got any tips for where they might be jumped a couple last year 2nd season but buddy couldnt make the shots. didnt see a single thing 3rd season when i had my tag. just lookin for some insight on good bulls and bucks and where they might be. have horses to hunt hard with...

$MAVERICK$

We hunted there 3rd season last year and it was pretty slim pickens. You should not have trouble finding bulls. We saw a several 4 points or better and two big six pointers. The best one was a 350 class bull. We pretty much covered Red Table from one end to the other. Lots of great looking country. Our group hunts mostly bucks but we did have two bull tags in camp. We started seeing more deer towards the Burnt Mtn. area. Good luck with the scouting.
We did not get any elk and only one forky. It was a young fellow's first buck.
Here is a photo of the best buck we saw just above El Jebel in the private property.

Moose

49efabbc76567d7d.jpg

that is a nice buck yeah this year we will have horses and wont be scarred to get into them deep bowls to really hunt hard seen a lot of tracks last year in the snow but were way to far from walkin distance to cover it in a day and live haha. but thanks for the tips. hope to come out this year with some nice racks thats all im really goin for since i will have 2 young brothers with buck tags they can take the littler ones or 3 pointers. but hopefully i can get me a nice bull already got a good buck to work with just want a good bull now. the bull we seen was about 300 class with big Dark Timber lookin antlers and a crown on the left side.

$MAVERICK$

I saw a guy that weighed 350 in that unit, cannot say the same for the bulls.

thats why you get off the road huntin and walk a ways cause then you dont have to worry about seein many other 350 hunters. but you will eventually find the bulls if you walk a ways...

$MAVERICK$

I've hunted 444 regularly for many years. Used to hunt south of Red Table and had some good luck there but definately it was hit an miss. Last time we backpacked in about 4 hours just looking for a big buck and had tons of other hunters and it was a zoo. We also see more deer as you go to the south of Burnt mnt but I'm usually just elk hunting with a token deer tag. I'll likely draw a muzzle loader deer tag this year and I'm hoping for an bull tag as well but we'll see what happens on the draw. I have seen some decent bull racks come out of there during the archery but i can't seem to figure out where the big ones are. I did get a nice 6 pt muzzle loading last year but to see something over 300 in that unit is not very good odds at least where we've hunted the last 25+ years. Good luck to you!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom