Unit 46 Pronghorn - Archery

LookinFor30

Anyone hunting 46/47 with a bow this year?? Interested in trading some info......I've hunted them in 6 different states, but never with a bow!! My preference is to get away from as many people as possible and spot/stalk them

It’s not a completely unlimited hunt but I assume you are correct. In driving through the area, I’m guessing about 3.2 blinds per water hole! Ha.
That’s fine. I’m not much into fighting the crowds. I’ll wait and hunt the end of the season and probably not in the more popular areas. I love that type of country!! I don’t need to see huge numbers of lopes to enjoy it.

It’s not a completely unlimited hunt but I assume you are correct. In driving through the area, I’m guessing about 3.2 blinds per water hole! Ha.
That’s fine. I’m not much into fighting the crowds. I’ll wait and hunt the end of the season and probably not in the more popular areas. I love that type of country!! I don’t need to see huge numbers of lopes to enjoy it.

yes there is an earlier draw hunt with limited tag.

Reviving this thread - LookinFor30, how did your hunt go? Were you able to find a spot later in the season that wasn't totally camped out?

Thinking about putting in for the 100% draw September archery tag. I'm not hell bent on nailing a big buck by any means, just wondering if it's worth the effort or if there are other (essentially) OTC units in the area that would be a better use of time.

Thanks

I didn’t really pay attention this year but hunter numbers should be better in these unlimited archery units now that they changed the rule that it has to be first choice. Guys like me would put rifle first then these units second so I could hunt regardless. This last year I couldn’t is the first time I haven’t had an archery tag. Sure I’m not the only one

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom