unit 48 muzzy elk..?

nwhunter

Well I had a whoopsy… When I saw green for my third choice which should have been valles vidal muzzy I got excited but then when my unit number didn't match I was worried. Somehow and I have no idea what happened I input the wrong number (not even close) and now have a unit 48 tag for muzzy season. Haven't found much info yet but haven't looked to hard so thought I would ask if anyone has hunted this unit. I know the taos res is west of there and plenty of elk in those units but that may not mean much. Its a long road trip so hoping its a descent area ...

Making lemonade...I bought my first bow after drawing a javi bow tag that I did not apply for. The evidence is still on line.
You know what your about the 3rd person that I have heard this from if your being serious. A few friends I know drew a tag that they DID NOT apply for. Interesting

Well I had a whoopsy… When I saw green for my third choice which should have been valles vidal muzzy I got excited but then when my unit number didn't match I was worried. Somehow and I have no idea what happened I input the wrong number (not even close) and now have a unit 48 tag for muzzy season. Haven't found much info yet but haven't looked to hard so thought I would ask if anyone has hunted this unit. I know the taos res is west of there and plenty of elk in those units but that may not mean much. Its a long road trip so hoping its a descent area ...
Theres a rmef project in there to supply a camp area for hunting. Heard lots of elk. Lots of private that make it rough on public guys. Start mapping the eplus out and you'll know where to get into elk. Good luck.

I seriously have no idea how I could have punched in these numbers but I didn't print out my app so not sure if there is anyway to confirm what I actually applied for.. Guess I could call the state but just assumed I screwed up..If others have this same issue maybe there is a glitch in the system...?

You know what your about the 3rd person that I have heard this from if your being serious. A few friends I know drew a tag that they DID NOT apply for. Interesting
It happened to me last year. I constantly check my apps n I drew a different hunt. Great hunt still but not my usual.

Always highlight your hunts to include the order on your proclamation. Computers could make a mistake. Not sure you would be able to do anything about it but at least you would know for sure Game and fish messed up and not you.

I write mine down and print my sheet. Even if they mistakenly draw you an incorrect tag you may as well keep it, cause they will not change it but will welcome you giving it back. Make the best of it is about all you can do.

Unit 48 is all State Land checkerboarded with private. There are only a couple of designated camping spots, (totally undeveloped). Download the maps with coordinates from the G&F website. Get OnX Maps or something similar that will keep you on State Land. The landowners are not very nice if they catch you off SL. It can be hot and dry, but if it rains it's a mess. Don't drag in a nice camper, you will tear it up. Lots of lava rock on the roads. Access is limited and depends on the negotiations between the G&F and landowners each year, get with the local Field Officer to better info.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom