Unit 50 deer

I had 50 last year and have hunted there several times. It was the worst Ive ever seen it. Conditions were hot, dry and windy with a huge full moon. I hiked in to several areas from 6-9000 feet of elevation. Got disgusted and left. Saw one buck two days before the season opened that I would have been interested in harvesting. I didn't even try to get an Idaho general tag this year. It's draw tags or nothing for me up there from now on. PM me if you wanna know where NOT to go!

I had 50 last year and have hunted there several times. It was the worst Ive ever seen it. Conditions were hot, dry and windy with a huge full moon. I hiked in to several areas from 6-9000 feet of elevation. Got disgusted and left. Saw one buck two days before the season opened that I would have been interested in harvesting. I didn't even try to get an Idaho general tag this year. It's draw tags or nothing for me up there from now on. PM me if you wanna know where NOT to go!
Pm sent

It's not that bad. Look above 9000 feet. Absolutely beautiful country to hunt in and great truck camping.

I'd take up calbuck on where not to go. I was given info from a local and I saw plenty of deer last year. Nothing huge but I would have shot one given right opportunity. I won't blow up my dude's spot so can't give specifics. But knowing where not to go is a great start.

It was actually my 4th choice this year as I had knowledge from last year and enjoyed hunting there. Ended up getting a 48 tag instead. The internet always makes things out to be worse than they are.

I will say my dude told be NOT to hunt sheep mountain which I thought looked great on google earth. He said it's over run with elk and he's never seen many deer there.

Last edited:
Yeah ditto on the elk. Think that was part of my problem. I was at/above/below and glassing anywhere above and below me. There just weren't a lot of deer in the area I was in.

It's not that bad. Look above 9000 feet. Absolutely beautiful country to hunt in and great truck camping.

I'd take up calbuck on where not to go. I was given info from a local and I saw plenty of deer last year. Nothing huge but I would have shot one given right opportunity. I won't blow up my dude's spot so can't give specifics. But knowing where not to go is a great start.

It was actually my 4th choice this year as I had knowledge from last year and enjoyed hunting there. Ended up getting a 48 tag instead. The internet always makes things out to be worse than they are.

I will say my dude told be NOT to hunt sheep mountain which I thought looked great on google earth. He said it's over run with elk and he's never seen many deer there.
I talked to Calbuck, he gave me some very useful info. Would you be willing to chat? I sent you a PM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom