unit 51 info

G

greenhornhunter

Can anybody tell me about the trout lakes area? whats the tarrain like? Caliber of bulls? Would four wheelers be useful? Has anybody been scouting over there lately? what did you see? How pressured is this area? just trying to find a basis for this part of the unit Thanks

The Trout Lakes is a great area, The road stops at them, and fishing is usually good. Most of the area is thick timber pockets, that open up into meadows. There is thick oak with open parks within the oaks.

Pressure in the area? It varies year to year, but if you get away from the roads, you probably wont run into anyone, there is alot of country.

If you hunt in the area, there is a big, dark, black timber canyon to the north that has been very good to me in the past.

I have not been in the unit for a couple of years, found a spot closer to home, but typically the bulls are not very big, but a 300+ class is possible.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom