Unit 51 this weekend

vinihunt

Hi

I am goin help a friend of my this weekend for cow but he is goin on thurs and frid...I hope he ll bag one by saturday. who live up north? how's deep snow are?

we plan to bring my 2 atv's instead truck! don't want to slide off and get stuck! we plan to hunt KIOWA mesa and Canijlon lake area...

vinihunt

vini,
Here in Los Alamos we've been getting hammered for the last two days and they say there's more coming through the rest of the week. We've got about a foot on the ground in town and the mountains have close to two feet and up north towards TA and Chama have more that that. Take your shovels and tire chains.
Good luck to your buddy on his hunt.

Vinihunt,

We closed the the office in TP today due to snow. I spoke with Shirley a while ago and said we had close to 18" of snow in TP and still falling. We are suppose to get another storm late tomorrow and Thursday morning. Maybe up to 12" more. Last week the elk had moved into the many parts of 51, big time. Hopefully with all the snow, they have not crossed over to 50 yet. I think you guys will do fine in the pinon/juniper/sagebrush country in any part of the unit such as the Commanche area. Good luck, let me know how you guys do. Be carefull and have fun.

one down 1 to go! first 15 ming in morning, 1 cow down! and they ll go back tmw and they got one near Trout lake! only problem is that I wasn't with them! oh well!!

congrats to my buddies!

vinihunt

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom