Unit 51 Wolves during late muzzy hunt?

ORHunter81

I am going to be hunting unit 51 around Thanksgiving for mule deer but am wondering how likely it would be to run across wolves while I am out. Any area that time of year that would be worth looking into if I tag out early? I plan on spending around 9 days hunting and checking out some new country. Anybody here have any feedback?

your hunting idaho and asking about wolves them things are everywhere just always be on the look out for them youll be surprised at where they pop up

We've hunted mid to late Nov twice, including 2012. Never saw a wolf, wolf track, or heard a howl. Not to say they aren't there.

I would have a tag, but I wouldn't prepay for a mount or anything.

>We've hunted mid to late Nov
>twice, including 2012. Never
>saw a wolf, wolf track,
>or heard a howl.
>Not to say they aren't
>there.
>
>I would have a tag, but
>I wouldn't prepay for a
>mount or anything.

Thanks for the info. How were the deer numbers that time of the year?

my buddy had bull elk tag for oct 1 to the 9th and said as he was packing out his bull he could hear them howling and there were tracks everywhere.

Congrats on the bull. Post up a picture. My son (12 years old) drew the late tag in 51. He's pretty excited and we are hoping to get his first bull. I know it will be different for his hunt but do you have any advice on where to look.

Thanks,
IB

Anybody been out for the late season? How's the rut coming along? It's killing me having a tag in my pocket and having to wait another 10 days before I leave.

Any info on where to find the deer? We're hunting right now and haven't seen a whole lot. The 55 degree temps can't be helping us.

You not going to see a lot of deer. They hang out either on the ranches or HIGH on the mountain. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom