Unit 52 elk (3rd Season)

Muley_73

Very Active Member
My brother has a 3rd season deer tag for 52. I will be going out with him for a fun family hunt. We live about 12 hrs apart and hunts like this give us a chance to spend time together and keep building memories. My question is it worth buying an elk tag to have in my pocket. We will be focused on his deer but I'm just curious if we will run into many elk.

PM or Piss Offs are all welcome. Thanks all!

I would say 20% chance to see a legal bull while deer hunting, if you hunt hard for a week. Depends where you are deer hunting for sure.

Thanks Nripepi. Thats what I figured. I definitely will be focused on finding him a good deer. Just curious on the elk.

DW glad to be good for an opportunity for you to chuckle. :)

All good. I've help many a hunter though the years and chose not to help others. I'm thick enough skinned to ask opinions and interact with fellow hunters and fellow douches alike.
I actually know nothing about your unit, I just couldnt help myself in being a smartass!! Good luck on your hunt!

My brother has a 3rd season deer tag for 52. I will be going out with him for a fun family hunt. We live about 12 hrs apart and hunts like this give us a chance to spend time together and keep building memories. My question is it worth buying an elk tag to have in my pocket. We will be focused on his deer but I'm just curious if we will run into many elk.

PM or Piss Offs are all welcome. Thanks all!
Can’t offer you much help in 52 but I’m in grand Junction so if you need any help with anything let me know.
I’m booked every season other than 3rd

I have hunted 52 three times for deer in third season and have never seen an elk let alone a bull. I wouldn’t waste the $800

Muley_73 I’m in the same situation you were in. 2 of my buddies should draw unit 52 deer tags and I’m going with to help and considering picking up an elk tag. I’m definitely leaning more twords getting the tag. Rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. So my question is do you regret not getting the tag since you seen a few legal bulls?

Muley_73 I’m in the same situation you were in. 2 of my buddies should draw unit 52 deer tags and I’m going with to help and considering picking up an elk tag. I’m definitely leaning more twords getting the tag. Rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. So my question is do you regret not getting the tag since you seen a few legal bulls?
Last season was probably the worst deer season I’ve seen in 52/521. I saw quite a few elk which was a bummer with no tag. Elk are pretty hit or miss in those areas. There is a lot of pressure and “decent” elk numbers, so take that for what it is. With all that being said I don’t plan on holding a second or third season buck tag without some sort of elk tag too.

We’ll be going 3rd season. My buddies step dads group hunts it every 3 years or so for deer and shoots decent bucks every time they go and usually pull a bull out too. This will be our first year going. My buddies should draw the deer tag and I just want to at least have a tag in my pocket to justify to the wife why I’m going?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom