Unit 52 First Rifle- Any word from the Earlier Hunts?

ixsolracxi

My g/f was lucky enough to draw the first rifle hunt in 52, headed out friday morning...any reports out there from any hunters that have been in the field for the early hunts? We will be out there until Tuesday night if needed...I am hoping to get her on her first kill.

Thanks and good luck to all you going out!

Carlos

Good luck, I will be there Friday myself. Looks like we will have great weather! I am excited since I always bow hunt in this unit this will be my first time rifle hunting elk and this late in the year. Should be fun!

My son and i also drew first rifle. Spent this past Saturday scouting. 1 bugle, well squeal more than bugle heard by a group of hunters I spoke with (middle of the night). Buddy of mine was in 52 bear hunting this past weekend as well. He came across a small 5x5 bull with a group of 5 cows and a couple of spikes. Spoke with him this am and he hadn't heard an elk make a sound during the three days days he was out there.

Good Luck!

hunting1, if you are out there and see a white jeep patriot stop by and say hi...good luck on your hunt...i am hoping we will get onto a few bulls so she has an opportunity for a shot...i know there is a storm system coming in on Thursday with snow down to 8500', hopefully it will begin pushing them down...we are really excited to get out into the woods for 5 days...

I just checked the forecast and it looks good! I will be camped just down from the campsites and will have an off road Pop up, white truck, don't know what my buddy is driving this year but I will look for you. Good luck!

Details
Fri Oct 11
Partly Cloudy

50?

26?

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
WSW at 11 mph

Details
Sat Oct 12
Sunny

53?

29?

Sunny

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
WSW at 9 mph

Details
Sun Oct 13
Sunny

56?

32?

Sunny

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
SW at 11 mph

Details
Mon Oct 14
Partly Cloudy

54?

31?

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
SW at 9 mph

Details
Tue Oct 15
Sunny

53?

28?

Sunny

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
WSW at 10 mph

Details
Wed Oct 16
Sunny

54?

30?

Sunny

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
SW at 10 mph

Details
Thu Oct 17
Sunny

53?

29?

Sunny

Chance of rain:
0%

Wind:
SW at 9 mph

De

Too funny, My advice don't believe the weather forecast it may let you down. On my hunt we were "forecast" 0- 10% chance of showers for 4 days and 1 day with a 50% chance of showers. Guess what day it did not rain?
Plan ahead and stay safe, Good luck!

I agree with not trusting it and I have been snowed in during September but the same can be said anywhere above 8500' elevation. It does make me happy though when the forecast reads 0%. Good luck!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom