Unit 53 Dead Antelope Buck

shedneck

While hunting in 53 last week, I found a dead antelope buck that appears to have died weeks prior. It is very possible that it was shot during the archery season, although the body was too decayed to see any evidence of it being shot. I went through the entire process to make sure that I legally picked the head up, including getting permission from a game warden, taking photos of it, and then purchasing an interstate big game tag before taking it home.

I am hoping to get the head back to the hunter if they punched their tag after shooting that buck. If the hunter kept hunting for another antelope (or is still hunting), I am not interested in returning the buck.

If someone is able to provide a picture of the buck or give me sufficient description of it (and yes - there are some distinguishing characteristics about it), AND give me an approximate location, we can make arrangements to get it to the hunter.

Good luck to all of the Wyoming hunters - your state has been good to me. I took a great antelope this year and a good bull last year.

I would doubt you will find the hunter, but good for you on doing it the right way. Hope he is either a smoker or a cool freak. Hopefully kim didn't break your balls too bad in the process......hahahaha

py

I agree - it's a long shot. The guy I dealt with was professional and respectful and was never accusatory. I didn't meet Kim.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom