Unit 54 type 9 elk

Daisy4u2

Hi all,

After 10 years my dad and I decided to cash in our points and ended up drawing unit 54-9. We are planning trips over in July and August before the September opener. I am aware of some of the issues with the unit including grizzlies, 2 dot ranch and not allowing access to bull hunters, and a cow / calf hunt that occurs in September. I will not have access to horses and a 10 mile day hunting is typical for us. Am I missing anything to look out for with this unit?

This hunt is a one and done for me. Considering point creep and how long it took us to draw the tag in the first place, governments ruining the economy, gas prices, pandemics shutting entire countries down, and being on the doorstep of a global war I suspect I will only set foot in this unit once so we're hoping to make it a good one....

I am looking for input on reputable archery shops in the area, campgrounds with shower access, laundry mats, meat lockers, reasonable camping and or lodging accommodations. Also, if anyone is willing to share decent glassing locations or specific trailheads to look at I would be grateful. It appears to me that most of the action occurs in the Western portion of the unit. The central and East side of the unit look open and likely wont hold elk unless I'm wrong about that? I understand if your not willing to post any of this information openly, PM is fine if you're willing to share. If not that's ok also. Any way I can cut time off the search for these items will obviously help to focus on the actual hunting process but I also understand if folks are not willing to divulge. Either way I'm sure it will be a great time. The one time I have hunted Wyoming I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the people I met.

Many thanks,
Lucky lottery elk tag winner, I think....

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom