Unit 55 Valle Vidal Greenwood Bear Hunt

Jmechen22

I was just drawn for Unit 55 Valle Vidal Greenwood Bear Hunt. Excited for this but have never been to this part of the state nor have I ever hunted bear. Any recommendations about this area or hunt would be great. Thanks.

Used to be a lot of bears in Valle Vidal, not so many any more. I scouted for the Spring hunt last year and did not see a single one! On the flip side, in October while guiding elk hunters there I saw 2 bears. One near Elk Meadows that wasn't very big, and one not far from the Chuckwagon parking. He was a big big bear.

I hunted there last August and didn't see any bears. I hunted around Cimarron Campground and some guys with dogs were having good luck. I think they had the bears spooked out of that area while I was there.

I would definitely go again just for the scenery and fishing.

Congrats on the draw. I also put in for the tag but got blinded once again by red in the app result box. I turkey hunted there in 2011 and there were plenty bears. Had our camp raided and talked to a guy doin a calf recruitment study that said elk were in decline because of bear and lion depredation. Will be tuff without dogs but they r in there. Go find em. Wish I could've got that one nr diy tag for aug!

If u got the spring hunt I would recommend to hunt as close to the end of the season as possible because they don't seem to be out till may

>I was just drawn for Unit
>55 Valle Vidal Greenwood Bear
>Hunt. Excited for this but
>have never been to this
>part of the state nor
>have I ever hunted bear.
>Any recommendations about this area
>or hunt would be great.
>Thanks.

I pulled this hunt this year. How was your hunt? Any tips? Were you successful? Where did you camp up and glass at?

Beautiful area. We camped at the Cimarron Campground which I would recommend doing. Covered and not in the open. Saw some sign at pull offs when driving down the Rock Wall. Lots of turkey and deer there.

>Beautiful area. We camped at the
>Cimarron Campground which I would
>recommend doing. Covered and not
>in the open. Saw some
>sign at pull offs when
>driving down the Rock Wall.
>Lots of turkey and deer
>there.

Thank you, that is where I am planning on camping, appreciate the input!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom