unit 6

chasemike

Heading out to unit 6 to hunt, my son has a tag. can't to get on the road Wed morning. Scouted three days, he is stoke. I hope for some snow.

Well, it was fun. Not really knowing the area, we learned alot real quick. We had the maps, information from the members here, we struck out to find the big buck. We deceided to hunt the last ten days, that was Chase"s vacation time. We started in the Beaver creek area, saw three decents bucks, low 180's he past, I am glad. Chuckars were running down the road, I jump out to shoot, Chase was little mad, so I got back in the truck, never shot, I am still mad, never did see any deer that trip, or should i say small bucks. So we changed areas, starting hunting the Tuscarora Mtns. on the West side. I should say on the Beaver Creek side we did three outstanding bulls, 1 in the 370 & two in the 360 what a site.We hunted down by Soilder Creek, China Springs, no big bucks, did see I big bull, where they working on the gas line. Changed up, on the sixth day, hunted up on Mcann Creek to the west clear on top. The biggest buck was a 5x4 real tall, but not wide about 22. The mental game starts trying to stay positve. Son is getting on edge, wants to butt heads with the old man. I tell him this hunting, time to move on. I can say one thing about he is die hard hunter. At 26 years old, on is own he has shot some really nice deer. Starting the eight day day, he is starting to feel the pressure, he decides he is going to kill a meat buck. So we have a little meeting, I told him that won't be happening, I am losing 560.00 a day, running a const job, had to hire a guy to take my place. Ninth day arrives, we are on the Tuscrora mtns again, we see seven does, one buck small, they go around a rock pile. We went the other way so he could drop me on the quad about 1/2 mile away. We were looking for a real heavy 4x4 24 wide. So he went back around along side of the deer heard we seen a few days ago , & here is a radio call. Dad I see a big buck that might go 30inches, they were just going over the top, but the smaller buck stayed on this side. So I told him, what I thought, so he went with it. I also told them, that little buck my busted him if he is not careful. He takes off, I am waiting, & waiting, he is a good shot. I hear shot, a second, a third, a fourth, fifth, a sixth, a seventh, I am thinking this is not good. Elven shots, no more shooting, I am on the radio what happen, so he is mad, doesn't really want to talk. We are about 2 1/2 miles a part, he said I think I hit him on the third shot. I seen a big dust cloud, well the sage brush was three foot tall, I said I bet you hit him him, a bullet wouldn't make that can of dust with sagebrush that high. He seen the buck heading into a aspen patch about 800 yds away, he takes off.,by this time no radio contact. He seen the buck stand up 150 yds in the aspen trees shoot two more times through the trees, buck takes off, he see the buck again 800 yds walking. He walks back to the quad approx 1 1/2 calls me, what do I do? I said get back to where he was, he was hit, & find him. happy ending 30 1/4. I wll post photos as soon as I can get them. We are thinking low 190's we don't how to score, coming from the taxidermist. Great trip, meet some great folks from NV.We stayed in Taylor. Anybody ever draws unit 6, I will help with the infromation that we learned. Long post but exciting. Mike

Yes, very exiting Mike. Good story and will look forward to seeing the photo's.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom