Unit 60

Servehim

Very Active Member
Can someone help me understand why unit 60 is such an easy draw? I know there is a good reason but looking from afar I see lots of public and located in between 61 and good units in Utah . Looking at 2nd choices and this appears to be something to explore. Thanks in advance MM Team. Jim

I am in for 60 3rd season deer . Any advice ? I'd be willing to help out with other Co,Nv,Ut units Thanks in advance .

I hunted that unit 2nd season in 2013. we didn't a lot o deer and the one we did see weren't very big. We camped at buckeye res. pretty nice place. There were way more elk hunter then deer hunters. Hunt the old burnt area. its going to feel pretty crowded try to get off the roads and find places to glass. That helped us a lot. Theres a big group of guys out of Texas that elk hunt that every year make friends with them they can help u out also. Good Luck

Thank you
Plan on hunting the last 5 days,
try to turn up something big the first 3.
If not my by then my dad and son can come
down on the last 2 and make it a family deal .
Either way its a win.
Did you try the north end of the Unit ?
also I plan on getting away from the roads
as much as possible
is there much foot hunters or mostly road hunters ?

I'm intrested in archery elk in this unit. Pretty decent success rates. I've researched this unit but haven't turned up much. Any info much appreciated! Can the northern part be accessed? I think it's referred to as "little forest"? Thanks!

It looks like I drew this Tag for 3rd season Rifle . I have helped several guys on this site with other hunts,I will do my own scouting already researching but and would appreciate any help of areas to look into . Thanks

LAST EDITED ON May-24-16 AT 08:39AM (MST)[p]I'm still looking at the unit for archery elk. I didn't draw any tags in other states so I'm def going to CO. I can't seem to get a good read on this unit. I've put in calls local BLM office and local CO game and fish but I haven't gathered much from that either. I know it's small unit with limited elk habitat but I figured it may get overlooked. Anyone willing to share any info on the elk would be much appreciated! I've hunted AZ, NM and other areas in CO if I can help anyone. Thanks!

how did it go? I am considering putting in 4 season for deer here and I cannot find any info. I have read that the north end of this unit above john brown is closed off due to the roads crossing private. Any info is appreciated.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom