unit 61 3rd season

jvgunner

well in a nutshell here it is. no huge buck for me after 8 years of waiting. but thats ok had a hunt of a lifetime meeting some great people including the game wardens who were all over the place. past on 25" 4x5 and took a forkee with 30 min left in the season. also got into two 370+ bulls on last day of course it was warm the whole trip until final day, i guess thats what i get for hunting in the late season as this also happened 3 years ago in 12aw unit in az. bucks i personally seen hanging were 30" 7x4 194 class, 29' 5x5 180 class, 29" 5x4 180 class, 25" 5x4 heavy in 200 class. 30" 3x3, 27" 4x4, 26" 4x4. also heard of two 29" 6x6 taken. great hunt but the weather sucked and hurt hunting down low in pinion pines. i was suprised not to see a million quad hunters. and was happy with amount of people in the field. still got a few days left in my late season bow hunt in oregon but work may not cooperate. good luck to anyone still lucky enough to be hunting this late in the season. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Wow..I just got back from that hunt and I had no idea that there were that many good bucks taken.. My partner and I scouted and hunted our butt's off..after 7 days of stomping around we had seen 3 mature bucks, but couldn't get shots off..then within in 12 or 13 hours of each other, we harvested two good bucks..Mine was a 29 inch 4by4 and his was a tall, heavy 26 1/2 wide 4by4.. We feel very fortunate to bag these two bucks given the warm, dry weather..That was one tough hunt.. We must have hiked over 60 miles while we were there..I think that was a big reason for our success..hard work and persistance..

if some of you guys hunted in the same area and didn't see or hear about anything been taken well i dont know what to say cause theres alot of excellent hunting grounmd out there. i've hunted in 61/62 all of my life and i'm looking for a couple of guys to go hunting with in these areas cause i wont have my dad or grandpa to go with me every year. if you want to email me you can reach me at [email protected]

Jason, sorry I didn't call you while we were back there. My cell phone didn't work there at all. Glad you did well. Did you stay up high the whole time? I ended up with a very heavy, 25 wide 4x4. Wasn't what I was looking for, but some bad commmunication with my brother in law and me while we were looking at him. Oh well. Eat's well!! PC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom