Unit 61, 62, 64, 71 & 73 Antelope

MuleDeerCrazy

My dad turned 76 this year and finally drew an antelope tag. Am familiar with the NW part of the state, but not so much the NE (Elko up to the state line). He probably doesn't have too many more hunts left, anybody maybe willing to offer a little insight? He can get around pretty good on flatter terrain, just moves a lot slower now.

Thanks for any help! Here's his NV buck from 2018...

dad nv buck.jpg

I drew it years ago and took a real nice buck a few miles north of Deeth. We were headed towards the orange bridge on the Mary's River. We also saw some antelope in Sunflower Flat. Good luck!
Hammnit

Killed a nice one in 2017 near the top of Jenkins peak at Sunflower Flats. Shot the wrong buck. The one that got away was heavey 16"-17". My son got a good one a few years earlier just up behind Mountain City. Antelope all over that country. Just have to cover ground and try to find a nice one.

My dad turned 76 this year and finally drew an antelope tag. Am familiar with the NW part of the state, but not so much the NE (Elko up to the state line). He probably doesn't have too many more hunts left, anybody maybe willing to offer a little insight? He can get around pretty good on flatter terrain, just moves a lot slower now.

Thanks for any help! Here's his NV buck from 2018...

View attachment 9144
You won’t have any problems finding bucks almost anywhere in those units. Just pick through em until you find the one you like. Good luck.

I just got back from Jarbidge yesterday looking for Elk. I saw a good group of them about a 5 miles off of mountain city highway heading towards Charleston. There was a couple bucks in 71 as well just before getting into the wilderness. But they did disappear once some sheepherders brought in about 200 head of sheep.

Did you see any sheep herders in the high country? I have the 072 muzzle bull tag and when the sheep herders are in there it changes everything

This is what we had on the Jarbidge road Friday, group of sheep and a few cows, on our way out Saturday we passed four more truckloads coming in.
IMG_3891.JPEG

Yes, there is a Y in the road, little sign for Jarbidge to the right. This was just as you started up into the aspens on the way to Jarbidge.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom