Unit 61 CO info

F

Firsty

I know a few of you hunted or knew someone who hunted unit 61 this year and was just wondering if you would like to tell me how it went. I currently have 7 PP(non resident) and would like to use them in the next year or two. I know this won't get me 1st season so I'll probally be looking at one of the 3 later hunts. I know its kind of early but I'm trying to decide 61 or 76 so I guess its better to get started earlier than later. Any and all advice or info would be appreciated my email is [email protected] thanks firsty

Save your preference point until you draw the first season if you hunt 61. I live right around the unit and have all my life. The majority of the unit is high plateau and canyons. Most of the big bulls hang out next to the canyons. After the first morning of rifle season that is where the majority of the elk go. You can still find bulls later in the seasons but its thick brush country where most of the bigger bulls go. So if you hunt 61 do it first season or you'll probably just burn your Pref. points.
Sneakem

A friend of mine hunted there this year with 8 PP's and had a great experience. If you want to speak with him send me an email or PM and I will put you guys in touch.

A friend of mine hunted there this year with 8 PP's and had a great experience. If you want to speak with him send me an email or PM and I will put you guys in touch.

I just drew 61 first season,I would be interested in talking to you or your friend about hunting this unit. If you would like to help me out. Thanks for your time!

I hope you can help. My buddy and I were thinking of Archery Hunt in 62. I’m bringing 50” razor to use on ATV/OHV trails combined with hiking/scouting and back pack hike in where it may work. I was thinking because of drought to also hunt water holes if we can find them. I was thinking of starting hunt 20 to 25 miles out of Montrose, following the Divide and Parallel Trail and heading in. Would you be willing to offer some suggestions. I’m aware the Elk head to 61 once pressured.

I’m hunting 61 first season , for my first time ever.
so I wouldn’t be much help. Good luck on your hunt . Push a big bull on my side ?

I’m hunting 1st season rifle this year, I would be interested in talking to your friend. Thanks

Yep it keeps creeping. Should be able to be in the unit for 5 different elk hunts in the next couple years. Me-25 points, wife-23 points, son-18 points and twin sons-14 points.

Have hunted it 3xs for deer and one with 2 buddies for 1st elk. Getting to know it somewhat.

I drew 61 1st season as well this year, taking this hunt on solo for the first couple of days. Equal parts excited and dreading hauling a bull out of some of that terrain.

I drew 61 1st season as well this year, taking this hunt on solo for the first couple of days. Equal parts excited and dreading hauling a bull out of some of that terrain.
Dominguez pack service will pack out a elk if you need help. Talk to Austin Massey.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom