Unit 66/Gunnison Deer

alinrut

I got a friend who drew the 2nd season tag in Unit 66, we spent this past weekend "roadhunting" and glassing far off ridges...absolutely beautiful, big buck country but we did not see the numbers of deer we expected to see... we were in the area abouve the resoivor (however the hell you spell it). We did see some deer and a lone cow elk but not alot else other than some survey stakes in places we didn't like...
so my question to ya'll:
1) is this a migratory area as deer move to lower for winter feeding and can we expect better numbers in the 2nd season?
2) anybody know anything about the survey stakes west of HWY 149? Is this what pushed the deer out of the country??
3) are we wasting our time in this area and is there better elsewhere?? we're going back up in Sept to take another look around and I'm open to ideas.

good luck to ya'll this year and be safe...

"I'll see ya in the woods, and if I do then it's my own damn fault for not getting far enough away from the roads!!"

al

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom