Unit 7 elk help

MIG

I know i?m not the first one to ask for info about unit 7. I drew the tag in the random and was not expecting to draw, but just in case i i did draw, i had some private property arranged. Well, i drew the tag and just spoke with the landowner this evening and was told that their son will be taking over the peoperty this summer and will not allow any hunting access. So, i am askimg everyone that is willing to share any contacts/ landowners that allow hunting for trespass fees or just allow access to pm me. I understand that some people have done this before, but i truly am in a bind now.

Thanks

MIG

MIG,
Best of luck to you, and congrats on the tag. I also drew unit 7, but with 10 points. I'm going with an outfitter though.
I can pm you his contact info, he may know of someone that allows access. He's a solid guy. (now I'll wait for those who bash me for thinking an outfitter will give you that info. lol)
heywouldya

Worst case scenario, I had a buddy draw that tag as a resident last year and shot a pretty decent 6x6 with his bow. Are you archery hunting or rifle hunting? He didn't see much for hunters. Like I said, worst case scenario.

I hunted it archery and killed a 314 bull about 10 years ago. There are LOTS of archery hunters and hard to get away from people. The elk go to private right away in the obvious public areas. I had elk spotted all over and thought I was in good shape for opening morning until about 12 other camps moved in the day before season. You need to look at hard to reach spots, not the obvious places on a map for sure. Carry a GPS because its very checker boarded with private land. Since I hunted it, they give a lot more tags now and I quit putting in for 7 long ago.

I hunted it last year. I hunted 17 days before I got a small 5x6 during rifle season. I saw some good bulls during archery, but I could not close the gap.

My advice, go way back off the roads. I hiked almost 100 miles, and most of the elk were 2 miles deep.

I would not hunt it again without private access or horses.

Good luck.

Dillon

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom