Unit 70 4th Season research

Elkhunter96

Very Active Member
Hey,

New to Colorado. I looked through the previous posts and would like some more info. What can you tell me about this hunt? Never killed a good buck, mainly archery hunt and have plenty of missed chances at trophy bucks... I would be close to drawing this or next year depending on creep.

Thanks in advance.

I have hunted 3rd season with my boy. Not too hard of a hunt to find deer. A fair amount of private and elk hunters made 3rd season hard. All I can tell you. Good luck.

I am also looking at this deer hunt. Do you have any guess on what the average size(width,age,etc.) of buck taken on the 4th season might be????

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-13 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]Hunted 3rd season. A lot of private land. Biggest deer I saw killed was a 24 inch 165 type buck. Ended up taking an average buck last day or so of hunt. 4th season would definitely be better. You will earn a 170 class buck. Not a trophy hunt in my opinion. I would think you could find a 20-22 inch 150 class buck fairly easy anything 160to 175 I would think is a shooter there even 4th.

Hunted 3rd season for deer. Tons of deer on private. The big boys will be close to the does in 4th season. The public next to the private was crawling with hunters during 3rd

Rich

Where would be the wisest place to spend 13NR deer points for a solid buck? The Gunnison basin? , Uncompagre plateau? Any suggestions?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom