Unit 70 4th season

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Anyone hunt unit 70 4th season this year or heard how it went? My daughter has enough points but not sure if I should research other units for her. I hunted 70 twice in the past both 3rd season. And quality and quantity have drastically dropper. Was wondering how 4th season had been. Thanks in advance for and info.
Bill

I grabbed my buddy a unit 70 4th reissue last year and he didn’t think it was all that great. Saw plenty of deer, but nothing big.

Thanks
I am surprised a 4th season tag was reissued, quick work on your part getting that one. Think it took 10 or 11 points last year to draw. Like her to have a hunt and see a lot of deer with a good chance at a mature deer.

There were a couple of them hit the reissue as I recall. I scored a few reissue tags for me, dad and 2 buddies.

I don’t know much about the unit, just what he reported back. I’m sure others know more. Like I said, they saw plenty of deer and he said the best bucks were 24-26 inchers.

There were a couple of them hit the reissue as I recall. I scored a few reissue tags for me, dad and 2 buddies.

I don’t know much about the unit, just what he reported back. I’m sure others know more. Like I said, they saw plenty of deer and he said the best bucks were 24-26 inchers.
Founder so did your dad hunt unit 44 or unit 70. In another post you said he hunted 44 2nd last year and they passed on several 180 inch bucks.
Now you mention your dad’s hunt on a unit 70 topic.
Looks like fake news!

Or, maybe you're just not keeping up. ;)

He said his dad and one buddy hunted 44, he got another tag for a different buddy in 70 and another tag for himself in some other unit.

Founder so did your dad hunt unit 44 or unit 70. In another post you said he hunted 44 2nd last year and they passed on several 180 inch bucks.
Now you mention your dad’s hunt on a unit 70 topic.
Looks like fake news!
Buckhorn, founder said in his first post that he got his buddy a tag.. no mention of his dad hunting 70..

Founder I apologize for my previous comments. I had a reading comprehension problem I guess. I had a tough night and was up too early and reacted too soon. Again my apologies to you and anyone else I may have offended

70, 711/71,72/73 have all declined dramatically. Sure there’s a few out there still but it’s not where it was 4 years ago. Drive down to disappointment or Dry Creek right now and that’s evident, you’ll be lucky to see a fraction of the deer that used to winter there.

I hunted 4th season unit 70 in 2017, drew that tag. 3rd season unit 70 in 18 off of reissue list, and 4th season this year off of reissue list. I love the country and you will see quite a few deer. I did not kill a buck in 17, biggest buck I saw was a 150 class crab claw buck. I did kill a small 4 point in 18, but I only shot it, because I was ready to come home and did not have hope of finding a bigger one. This year, we hunted all 5 days. Daylight to dark with my 2 adult sons tagging along. Finally on last day I killed a 160" buck. Best buck I have seen in 3 years of hunting it, and it was not that big. When we had the buck checked for wasting disease , Looked at the map of where the bucks had been killed on the hunt, and out of the 14 that were turned in, only 3-4 were killed in public. I did see one picture of a great buck killed during 3rd season. I have yet in 3 years to see a good buck in the back of a truck. Before I drew, I got information from people that hunted it back in 2012 and other years around that time, and it sounds like it was phenomenal back then. I love the county and like to hunt there, but have little hope of ever killing a 180+ buck.

I hunted 4th season unit 70 in 2017, drew that tag. 3rd season unit 70 in 18 off of reissue list, and 4th season this year off of reissue list. I love the country and you will see quite a few deer. I did not kill a buck in 17, biggest buck I saw was a 150 class crab claw buck. I did kill a small 4 point in 18, but I only shot it, because I was ready to come home and did not have hope of finding a bigger one. This year, we hunted all 5 days. Daylight to dark with my 2 adult sons tagging along. Finally on last day I killed a 160" buck. Best buck I have seen in 3 years of hunting it, and it was not that big. When we had the buck checked for wasting disease , Looked at the map of where the bucks had been killed on the hunt, and out of the 14 that were turned in, only 3-4 were killed in public. I did see one picture of a great buck killed during 3rd season. I have yet in 3 years to see a good buck in the back of a truck. Before I drew, I got information from people that hunted it back in 2012 and other years around that time, and it sounds like it was phenomenal back then. I love the county and like to hunt there, but have little hope of ever killing a 180+ buck.
I have elk hunted it a few times since 15 and I have seen 1 buck that was a shooter and that’s it. Lots of small bucks for sure, good write up of expectation vs reality.

Founder I apologize for my previous comments. I had a reading comprehension problem I guess. I had a tough night and was up too early and reacted too soon. Again my apologies to you and anyone else I may have offended
That is the way it read...it totally confused me too!

That is the way it read...it totally confused me too!
If I happen to pull a tag off of the leftover list and didn’t burn points on it for second season I sure as heck wouldn’t be passing up 180 inch bucks and if they were 24 to 26 inches I would still be taking a hard look at them. Certainly wouldn’t be disappointed in the hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom