Unit 73 deer

Dirtymule

Hi everyone I drew a NR 73 deer tag I know for residents it’s unlimited. I have never hunted this unit but know my way around a few spots a couple questions I have is how busy is it ? What caliber of bucks to expect and any other info willing to share thanks for your time

You drew the tag.... if you know your way around a few spots start there... branch out! The unit is busy as the IDFG website states. Contact the biologist in the region.?

Info where, when and how?
Guys that start here on a forum career with wanted info. Usually disappear.

Big deer are where they are... where are you offering information?

Thanks for your reply I have been up to the areas I know and plan to continue to scout I’ve worked on a cattle farm in the area just never been in those area during the hunts and mostly wondering about hunting pressure not looking for honey holes mostly just general info and what to expect. I’m not offering information just willing to hear any information or experience from the unit thanks

Expect to see a lot of people hunting the whole short season hunt. I liked it better when it was a general hunt 4 point or better unit. Plan on four wheelers drive where they are not supposed to after you have worked hard to get where you thought you would be away from the mess. The private property owners were the biggest offenders driving four wheelers through their property up onto the public grounds on restricted roads. I never seen the OHV restriction enforced but it has been several years since I have hunted that unit. Public land access can be challenging on some of the ranges. It is a tag filler unit for the most part. Good luck.

Thanks for all the reply’s keep them coming I figured the atv traffic would be bad I plan to get away from the roads my atv of choice has 4 legs and hair and I’m a mechanic so hopefully I don’t get the free tune up just can’t wait to get after it and excited to see how it turns out and I like a challenge hopefully something good happens

Hunted the unit twice and won’t be back anytime soon or at least to the area we hunted. If you have access to private property you should not have a hard time. If you hunt anywhere else plan on seeing every atv known to man. I was pretty pissed after hiking to the top of the peak only to find atvs all over the place on the back side. Wasted a good 3 hours hiking in the dark. We got it done with 5 out of 6 tags filled in two years with 2 nice 160-170 inch bucks but we had access to private. The public that I tried to hunt which was more my style of hunting was very hard. Asked my son if he wanted to go back and his answer was no. Hunting bucks on private was to easy and the public was just being abused. Now if they would enforce the atv rule it could be a great zone in my opinion

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom