Unit 74 High Country Rifle Deer

Dirtbag

Looks like I drew. Not asking for areas but would to know when you think the high country will be open for scouting considering this years snow pack...? Hate to make the drive then find out can't access the high country.

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-19 AT 11:40PM (MST)[p]That place is still piled high. As in feet of snow. Mid to late July if temps stay normal.

>Hows the hunt going? I
>archery hunted this unit a
>couple times near the Silverton
>end, close but no cigar
>on a tagging out.

Hunt went ok but don't feel it was worth the 15 NR points I cashed in for it. I ended up taking a 170 class buck after 8 days. Saw 4-8 bucks every day but most were small 2-3 year old bucks. Older class bucks were hard to turn up.

Cheers,
Greg

>Dirt,
>
>I sent you a PM. We
>had that same tag I'd
>love to chat with you
>and see if we ran
>into you out there.

PM sent...

Did you hear of any really big bucks being taken? I've been thinking about burning my points on that early rifle hunt.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

>Did you hear of any really
>big bucks being taken? I've
>been thinking about burning my
>points on that early rifle
>hunt.
>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com
>@mm_founder on Instagram
>LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
>on Facebook!

No, talked to a few hunters and they said quality is way down over last few years. Unit is living on past reputation and not worth points required.

As a non resident I archery hunt it every other year. I have only seen a couple big bucks. I mainly see 140-150 with a few bigger. The bucks were crazy high this year.

>As a non resident I archery
>hunt it every other year.
>I have only seen a
>couple big bucks. I mainly
>see 140-150 with a few
>bigger. The bucks were crazy
>high this year.

they couldn't get up to the high country until late this year due to the snow, so it figures they would stay up high once it opened up

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom