on N slopes. Rut slowed down some. Harems are fully
formed but NO attempting to mount cows. Bulls will put
their jaw on her hip in the first stages then attempt
to mount her. Seeing none of that. No fights so full
aggrresion not here yet. Bugles strong but not going
crazy. First 2 pics bull came to 10 yards and Rocket
held. I talked to him about it and he understands
about not chasing them. 3 cows walked up to us at 20
yards yesterday and stood their forever and he held.
I DO NOT promote him chasing animals at anytime. Roy

48ce77373ba8166f.jpg

48ce776d3cf91408.jpg

48ce77a43e751be6.jpg

48ce77e0408f731a.jpg

48ce7812427facd5.jpg

48ce784344c3bc25.jpg

48ce78754ab86b76.jpg

Rocketman,
Thanks for posting even after all the stupid comments others made about your dog. If anyone had been following your posts since July they would know Rocketdog is not chasing elk around all the time.
I agree with the one guy who said those guys complaining have probably spooked way more elk than Rocketdog!

Rocketman, Thanks for posting. Very nice pictures. You look like your in elk paridise. Thanks for continuing to post your pictures.

Great pics and thanks for sharing them. Looked to me like the Rocketdog was protecting his owner in that other thread. Doin just what a good dog is supposed to do. Didn't look like the majority of elk were to concerned either.

What do you guys think those cows and the bull would weigh in the last pic? They all seem to be the same size except for the one little rascal and the bull. I don't get to see many live elk or even dead elk here in KY so I was just wondering.

Thanks,
Rob

Best! Thanks.
They all do look about the same size. The older get a little longer and a nice belly on them.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom