Unit 8

I can't help you if I don't know who you are. Your profile has been disabled. I just wanted to know if your USO!!!

>I can't help you if I
>don't know who you are.
>Your profile has been disabled.
>I just wanted to know
>if your USO!!!

I live in Washington State. I have never used a guide in my life. If you have read any of my posts you would also understand that my time is soaked up from either working, being a personal taxi service for my two kids or family time? I do not post any of my personal information because I do not want the junk? Anonymity is why I like this board?

As for what USO did to the Arizona hunters, we all should be pissed off. I sent Will Premo an email telling him he did the right thing by pulling his support from USO. I have a feeling USO are not finished with this just yet. I think they will be targeting Utah next. My rationale is, ?Who is the next up and coming elk state?? That is right Utah?

They will not touch Washington because we have such poor game management. Last year our state wide success rate was around 5%. It is so bad, rarely does anyone see a bull that is over 5 years old. We have the genetics but we have very greedy political groups (Washington Bow Hunters, Black Powder, and traditional rifle hunters), very very greedy Indians, and gutless wildlife management directors. This is why I put in for out of state hunts and if I am not drawn I go to Idaho or Oregon because of they have over the counter permits. Just like you in the South go to Colorado when you are not drawn in Arizona, Utah or New Mexico.

TheHunt

One other item... If I was USO why would I ask for help? Have you ever seen them attack an area?

I was lucky enough to draw a bull tag a few years ago... USO flew airplanes to locate elk. How did I know? I watched the plane tip its'wing and circle an area. I would beat feet to that area to encounter elk. I wrote the tail number of the plane. When I got home I called a local airport and asked how do I track that down...

After some tracking... One guess who rented the plane? Heck, I went by one camp when I was down their that had pulled three huge fifth wheel trailiers for their clients.

I tent camp... And do it as cheap as possible... I ask for help because I need it... Just like I give help when one hunts an area that I have knowledge about.

TheHunt

You sound OK to me. USO is on my short list! Let me know if you have maps of Unit 8, If so I can direct you to a spot or two that has proven to be very good for the Archery Hunt. I do not know where the big, big boys hang out. I do not Archery hunt at this time but know plenty of folks that do. During the time of year you are going to be there the bulls are going crazy if in fact it's not too warm. Do you have a GPS? I will be going to Unit 8 for a bear hunt the end of Aug. I could get some good info for you at that time.

I have a Garmin x12 GPS.

What map(s) do I need? Can you give me some titles so that I can get them purchased?

TheHunt

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has Surface Management and Surface/Mineral Management map series available for the State of Colorado. These maps are at a scale of 1:100,000 and cover approximately 35 miles North/South and approximately 55 miles East/West. The maps are color coded to show land status (Federal, State, private or other agency). Maps do not show private landowner?s names. Other features on the maps are transportation (roads, trails), topography (elevation, contours), rivers & lakes, towns and other man-made features. The Minerals version is shaded to indicate the status of federal mineral ownership. The maps are folded and are available at any Colorado BLM office for $4.00 each plus shipping and handling. Maps showing the entire state of Colorado (at 1:500,000 and 1:1,000,000 scale) are also available at the same price. A volume discount applies when purchasing 50 or more maps from a BLM office or BLM internet sites. Discount Price: Mixed titles: 1-49, $4.00 each, 50 plus $2.40 each. htt://www.co.blm.gov/mapinfo

I see another plane comment. If you get tail numbers just enter them in a google search and the FAA registration will be the first choice. It will tell you who owns the plane.

Find a Kiabab National Forest Map: Tusyan,Williams, and Chalender Ranger Districts. You should be able to order it from any National Forest Office. This is one map and has those ranger districts included. Your headed for Williams AZ. By the way USO has many ways of finding good places to hunt without scouting. And yes I have seen the way they do business. I guide for the pleasure of guiding. Not to make a quick buck. If I can help you I will. Send me a private message when you get the map. Maybe you will be able to help me out someday!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom