Unit 84 Mule Deer

300Shortmag

Anyone hunt mule deer in area 84? I'm trying to research units prior to heading to Wyoming to scout them out for next year. That way I have some idea of what I'm putting in for. I'm in S/W Wyoming for Antelope this year and will mainly stay on the south side of the state.

I'm thinking about picking up a Region D general tag for this year while I'm out there. I don't know much about the area, and base much of my knowledge of areas of interest from the good people on this sight who like to help people out.

This region D tag this year is going to be a learning experience, just hoping I can find some public access in the area. Mainly looking for a good experience rather than a monster buck.

Yeah 84 is a limited quota draw area in Region W. We're looking at going into 80 or 83 for deer this year.

84 was part of region W last year. This year its no longer part of W, but a draw in itself.

my wife drew the tag this year, I don't think I've seen 20 deer all summer. its going to be hard to find a buck to shoot come season as most of this area is private.

Thanks for the heads up.... I'm gonna check a bunch of areas that I have listed out. Hopefully I'll be able to find one that best suits my needs of a DIY hunt on public land. The hard part is that I don't have extra time for scouting prior to the season.

84 got hammered by winterkill a couple years ago and last year most guys were complaining they hardly saw many bucks over forked horns. There used to be some pretty good bucks in that country...especially on private land. I'm not exactly sure why the WG&F ever opened it to general W tags because that was the year after the horrible winter! Now that they put it back to a draw things may improve....especially on private land. It usually takes 5 to 6 years before bucks mature so it may be a while. There is a lot of private land issues in 84 and some of the larger ranches are guided hunts only. That area has great genetics so has a lot of potential. I hope the WG&F remains conservative w/tags!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom