unit 9 pronghorn &deer

skull

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-11 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]I am looking to do a DIY archery antelope&deer hunt next year
on unit 9 toward Lusk
Not looking for anyone's hot spot but general information on what part of the unit has good numbers
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I assume when you mention antelope first that you are talking antelope unit 9 down toward Lusk, because deer unit 9 is up toward Newcastle. I can tell you from experience int he last two years to stay away from up around Newcastle for deer because the deer situation up in the northern part of Region B is not very good. I'm also hearing that antelope took a weather hit up there last year too. Tags in antelope unit 7 were really cut last year and the odds of getting a tag really changed. I think down where you are talking about toward Lusk it will probably be a lot better than up north for deer, but I've never been down that far on that side of the state, so somebody else will need to give you specific information. Antelope down through that whole part of the state seem to be doing fine.

First off, contact the local Chamber of Com. in LUSK and ask for a copy of landowners in Unit 9 for Lopes and they will send it to you. GOOGLE this office and send them an email and THEY will reply back to you.

It is a long list and after the Holidays if you contact me then or after you get YOUR copy of the list, I have a lot of notes on some one the ranchers there and who might be the better one to choose. MOST of them WILL NOT charge you access fees for DOE LOPES, maybe the same with DEER. But they will charge you a "small fee" for Antelope bucks and some even will let you hunt DEER, the bucks. Fees are go from almost nothing up to $300-350 to hunt their land.

Don't wait for the "left over" list and draw like we did, as they were all gone then.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom