Unit 90 or 100

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-16 AT 09:19PM (MST)[p]So I could draw either unit for antelope. My goal would be upper 70s. 100 is closer to home, but 90 has way more public land. Wondering about trophy quality. Eastmans says both are blue chip, but from my research it sounds like 90 is a little better trophy quality. I was just hoping to hear from those with first hand experience. Thanks for any advice.

Thanks marburg. After doing some more research I have it narrowed down to 90 or 93 now. 90 has a little more public. Does anyone have ANY recent experience with these 2 areas? On paper they seem pretty comparable.

Yes I would say they are both pretty close in quality. I have hunted 93 a few times in the last couple of years, and I have a friend that hunts 90 most every year. He takes antelope every year at or just above 80", but he is very good at judging them on the hoof. That is pretty tough to do with antelope imo. In 93 there are a lot of goats in certain parts of the area and not near as many in others! If you want more detailed info on both shoot me a pm

6649img0994.jpg

Took this buck in area 100 this year, PM me if your still considering 100, private land is not a problem there

I hunted unit 90 3 or so years ago, I shot a mid 70"'s buck. Lots of antelope, kick me a pm if you want more information.

Nogoodtags, that is a nice buck and great photo. (antelope field photos can be tough to get right) Do you have any specs on that buck? How long? bases? score? Again, well done! Had to be a great day with your son.

MT_Grizz.jpg

I actually live in unit 90-1 shoot me a pm with your specific questions. There are some nice goats around here I have personally shot 6 over 75 with a bow and my biggest was 84 and change.

I ain't no Antelope buff, but if I were picking between the two, ide go with 100, just from some of the bucks I have seen on here in the past. But if I had the amount of points you do, ide be looking at one of the units that starts with a 6.

>Nogoodtags, that is a nice buck
>and great photo. (antelope field
>photos can be tough to
>get right) Do you have
>any specs on that buck?
>How long? bases? score? Again,
>well done! Had to be
>a great day with your
>son.
>
>
MT_Grizz.jpg

Thanks , we had a great time with the whole family wife and two daughters were there also, can't wait to do it again as this was only my second time hunting goats. He's 16"and 16-1/4" can't remember the other measurements

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom