unit 93 antelope

pauns08

Wondering how the herd is doing in 93 this spring? Considering this unit this year but wanted to make sure it was doing alright. Thank you for any
Responses.

Hunted 93 a few times, and really enjoy it. Hard to draw anymore but there are lots of goats in the unit, and it is low enough that they do pretty well, even in hard winters. The low desert and private lands along the river corridors provides them some relief. For the number of tags, they still average around 80-90% success so it should still be a good hunt.

I have hunted the unit twice myself and a couple of times with family and friends the genetics are good. As Blank advised the unit is diverse. I will be going thru the unit to set some bear baits further north and will advise what I see. We last hunted the unit three years ago and a buddy shot a unique heavy 15 plus incher. We seen better scoring bucks but that one tripped his trigger.

Same quota three years in a row now. Still around 100 tags short of where it was in 2016. Still a fun hunt and different terrain types to hunt if you can draw a tag. Should be some decent bucks running around this fall. Spring has been good to them.

Thanks for the replies guys I put my app in for 93 special with 6 points so we'll see what it brings.

Yes, when 93 was long and narrow it went all the way down to Green River. Now it is cut in half and all that southern country was added into 96. Lower part of 93 now goes over from Kemmerer to around Opal, and then up. The upper areas of the unit into the hills and quakies still holds some whoppers in the out of the way places.

Drove thru and in the area the last couple of days. The lope look good and healthy, and a healthy population. Seen a couple of real nice ones, good prongs and length. Should be a good hunt. I second Blank's comment on the upper area in and around the quakies. Good luck on the draw.

Thanks guys, I was hoping there would be some decent goat numbers up near the quakies. I'm guessing you're talking about up near fontenelle?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom