Unit 95 Antelope

nvguy2

Didn’t want to Hijack the Pronghorn judging thread. Some good information there. Got me excited. First time drawing or ever going to Wyoming. Burned my 7 points on a Special Unit 95 tag. After applying, I started hearing about the winter kill down South like Jims mentioned in the Pronghorn Judging thread. Kinda has me a little nervous. Was wondering if anyone has any information or has been in the unit this Summer and can give me any helpful information or advice. I talked to the Biologist before applying and he said some really good things about the unit, but never mentioned anything about winter kill. I’m planning on looking goats over for at least a few days to see what’s out there. Hoping to find at least an upper 70’s, but am excited to get out there and will be happy with whatever I bring home. Just trying to set some sort of standard and wondering what some with experience in the Unit thought. Thanks for any help or advice.

You won't have trouble finding a goat to take home. Upper 70s may be a stretch, for whatever reason that area just can't go a few years without a bad winter so age class is lower there than elsewhere from what I have seen. Still fun looking for the needle in the haystack though.

Take the church buttes exit off of I-80. Head south. There’s a whole bunch of antelope out there. And a lot of little hidden canyons you can glass into if you park and walk to the top of the ridge to the East. Or walk to the edge to the west, where it goes down into Bridger Valley. The hill with the radio towers is also a very good glassing spot.

Congratulations, you drew a great tag!
I had it 2 years ago...
Just wondering, are you hoping for an upper 70’s buck before, or after it shrinks?
“It shrinks” LOL

Take the church buttes exit off of I-80. Head south. There’s a whole bunch of antelope out there. And a lot of little hidden canyons you can glass into if you park and walk to the top of the ridge to the East. Or walk to the edge to the west, where it goes down into Bridger Valley. The hill with the radio towers is also a very good glassing spot.
Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.??

I have a 95 tag as well and made a trip up there last week to have a look around. I Came from the south through Manila. In a day and a half I looked over a good chunk of ground from Cedar mountain to Flaming Gorge. I was disappointed in the size and numbers that I saw. I would say the biggest buck I saw was a 70"er, Maybe.
I had this tag 12 years ago and there were pronghorn all over with some pretty nice ones. It's not that way this year.

I have a 95 tag as well and made a trip up there last week to have a look around. I Came from the south through Manila. In a day and a half I looked over a good chunk of ground from Cedar mountain to Flaming Gorge. I was disappointed in the size and numbers that I saw. I would say the biggest buck I saw was a 70"er, Maybe.
I had this tag 12 years ago and there were pronghorn all over with some pretty nice ones. It's not that way this year.
That doesn’t sound to promising. I heard winter kill was rough. Oh well, going to go and have fun either way. Thanks for the update!

Few pics

20200729_222814.jpg

20200730_082229.jpg

20200729_194154.jpg

20200729_182800.jpg

20200729_171701.jpg

20200729_190824.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom