unit28

I scouted it just before the season opened a few years back for the archery deer. I went back in four or five miles or so. Didn't see alot. Elk were easy to spot, the deer just kept moving around. It was steep and slick from the snow. I didn't go back to hunt. Didn't seem like there was enough game to justify going back.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

I have my hunting lodge in unit 28. If you are after Mule Deer in the Dec. archery season it should be no problem to fill a tag. Within walking distance I can daily shoot rifle or bow Mule Deer. I will wait till Dec. this season to fill my deer tag during the archery hunt unless I see a 4x4 or better during rifle season. Whitetail are pretty scarce on public land. There are lots up Iron Creek & Peel Tree Rds. but they stay down in the pastures on private land. (forget about access permission, the owners are pretty uptight)The trick for the Dec. archery season is quite simple...wear white (there should be lots of snow), I have been able to sneak up on deer within 20 yds.
Good luck,
PB

PS;
As far as the Elk go "I take the fifth" as to where to find them! I have guided in unit 28 for my sons and friends the last 3 seasons and taken 5 Bulls and 1 cow elk. This year the 4 of us drew unit 37A Elk tags. I hope we fill a few of those tags. I have been watching 3 different herds (about 500 plus elk) in 37A since April.
Again good luck,
PB

Circle pie? Flying Joseph? Patter? to name a few. Everyone knows where they are it's no secret. Hundreds of elk on private land with no access. That's the story on 37a
Justin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom