Unitas Central Archery

dkendall

Just got a phone call today that I am next in line for the archery tag. Trying to figure out if I should accept it being so close to season. Have 9 points so I’m a few years out from draw with max points… anyone been up into red castle area as of late? Goats around? Would you take the tag? Also looking for recommendations on a horse packer that could drop me off for 5-10 days depending on work commitments.

Just got a phone call today that I am next in line for the archery tag. Trying to figure out if I should accept it being so close to season. Have 9 points so I’m a few years out from draw with max points… anyone been up into red castle area as of late? Goats around? Would you take the tag? Also looking for recommendations on a horse packer that could drop me off for 5-10 days depending on work commitments.
Call rusty farnsworth he’s guided a lot of goat hunters up there with great success. He lives in mountain home which is on the unit. 435-733-1610

If can swing the time and get some help see it as an early gift! A lucky draw this year and not knowing the future better to take the bird in the hand they say! Congrats- my 14 points for a goat have not given me a tag yet!

Took the tag! Here goes nothing…lots of recommendation for red castle. Anyone else have input on areas that might be more conducive to archery gear? Swasey lakes? Garfield basin? Flat Top? I have access to horses and pack goats. Planning a 7-10 day hunt.

Took the tag! Here goes nothing…lots of recommendation for red castle. Anyone else have input on areas that might be more conducive to archery gear? Swasey lakes? Garfield basin? Flat Top? I have access to horses and pack goats. Planning a 7-10 day hunt.
I had a rifle tag last year. Killed an old Billy missing half his teeth near Swasey. Also scouted the Chain Lake area. Let me know if you want to connect.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom