United 36 elk muzzleloader

sbeard4

LAST EDITED ON May-04-18 AT 02:27PM (MST)[p]looking for advice - 2 of my sons drew this and where I had planned on hunting is being advised against as over hunted. The person advising against it doesn't give any advice though and has a reputation as being a jerk on boards
PM me if you want to talk about it. I won't post my spots here.
We have horses and both boys are experienced hunters having taken several white tail and two cow elk each in the encouragement hunts

>looking for advice - 2 of
>my sons drew this and
>where I had planned on
>hunting is being advised against
>as over hunted. The person
>advising against it doesn't give
>any advice though and has
>a reputation as being a
>jerk on boards
>PM me if you want to
>talk about it. I won't
>post my spots here.
>We have horses and both boys
>are experienced hunters having taken
>several white tail and two
>cow elk each in the
>encouragement hunts

There are elk almost everywhere there... And you will see hunters everywhere. It's when outfitters started hunting my spots that I started tending to avoid them. I've got the same tag this year, just get up there and scout at least the week before the hunt...

>looking for advice - 2 of
>my sons drew this and
>where I had planned on
>hunting is being advised against
>as over hunted. The person
>advising against it doesn't give
>any advice though and has
>a reputation as being a
>jerk on boards
>PM me if you want to
>talk about it. I won't
>post my spots here.
>We have horses and both boys
>are experienced hunters having taken
>several white tail and two
>cow elk each in the
>encouragement hunts

PM me, I am from the area and hunt the unit every year

Lots of elk throughout the unit, but if you have horses I would hunt in the wilderness area. It's a small wilderness but steep and has a lot of elk. The muzzleloader hunt is a great tag, good luck

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom