Unusual Question about Preference Points

huckleberryhi

I've seen it on here before, but the answers are unclear. Can you legally sell preference points in California for elk, sheep, and pronghorn? As a maxed out point holder, just wonder what they would be worth?

How about Nevada, 16 elk points have to be worth something? 16 California bighorn sheep? 12 Nelson Bighorn?

Just food for thought.

CA will only allow you to average points with other hunters.

Example: I have 8 points and you have 4 so we put in as a party and our point total would be the average of our respective totals which would be 6 in my Example.

You cannot give or sell points in CA.

It would only help in the case of deer, elk or Antelope to "sell or barter" anyways as Sheep would take max points and I don't think you can apply as a party.

For deer it is somewhat common for people to put in with another to benefit the one with lower points in getting an average or slightly above average tag when the high point applicant is either in no man's land of drawing a great tag and can't justify putting in for a slightly above average tag alone with technically too many points. Some people may do so with some compensation???

Elk it would only help on a cow tag or a maybe a person with one point under max on some units as most of the better hunts require max points to draw so at best by averaging points both hunters would only have max minus .5 a point.

Antelope probably the same as elk.

I would also add that every state is different but I don't think you can sell or trade or even bequeath in a will points in any state.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom