up coming oryx

freaknasty

so i drew a off range hunt in may. I'm gonna try to get it with my bow. thats right my bow anyone care to devulge any info on water holes I can sit Im not asking for your secret spots or anything just a good source of water that they may use. thanks
Ive never been oryx hunting Ive guided or elk,and deer all over n.m. but believe it or not have never even seen an oryx . w.t.h. well theres a first time for averything yaa

live to hunt hunt to live
buena surte

Well i hunted last year on range with a bow for the first day .The best way to get on is to find them and set up an ambush, because they are always on the move.

We've seen them frequenting water where it's available. Also have found animals in areas a long way from water.
Whats the Game and Fish's view on hunting water?
I know its been done a lot, but what are the legalities?

True Oryx get most of the moisture they need from the vegetation and can go weeks without water, but they sure do like it. It's dryer than a popcorn fart right now and they are flocking to water on the range. I've watched the same herd of about 20 animals for four straight days head to water between 10 and 11 am.

nothing yet all i saw of the range were running hard and small the crossings are getting hit but only at night tis gonna be a tough one.

off range oryx down

well i got one shes 32.5 and 33 on the other it was real hoot to boot ha ha the only thing i regret was not taking my bow on this trip, cuz I probably could've taken her with my bow she walked right to me I shot her at less than 50 yards and she would've come closer if I'd let her. I haven't got the pics yet and i'll need help posting them later if anyone can help let me know please

RE: off range oryx down

Freak,

Congrats...u work hard to earn a nice oryx! can't wait to see the pic!

congrats again! :) and let me know if need to post the pic's.

vinihunt

RE: off range oryx down

Can't wait to see the pictures. Sounds like she was apretty nice one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Nice congrats! cant wait to see

looks like we're the last ones left from this forum uh oh pressures on we gotta make it three for three!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-09 AT 00:54AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4a24cc7b51452b7e.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom