Upcoming Fort Bliss/McGregor Range Oryx Hunt?

BioHazrdMan

I was lucky enough to get drawn for a oryx hunt in Feburary on the Fort Bliss/McGregor range! I have NOT received ANYTHING from them as far as instructions, access fee, maps.... Is this normal? Has anyone else hunted there or got drawn there and received anything yet? Is Fort Bliss/McGregor Range part of the WSMR? Do they charge a access fee?

The reason I am asking is I want to make sure everything is OK for my hunt, don't want to mess anything up. My Wife (LUCKY US) got drawn for a Feburary hunt on Stallion Range and we already payed the fee, and she is getting e-mails and maps already. Well, any help would be GREAT! THANKS!!!

Bioman, if you missed the mandatory orientation in July you are not going to be able to hunt the range.

Just joking. Contact Brian Locke the ft bliss biologist. He is normally the point man on those hunts.
My son has a mcgregor antelope hunt first part of Sept and we have not received anything yet either. I am not to worried.....yet.

I drew one of the Elk tags for December and have not heard anything yet.
NMPaul Chris G. told me I need to get in touch with you as he says you know some of the higher area's of that unit that could help for that hunt???

Jordan

>I drew one of the Elk
>tags for December and have
>not heard anything yet.
>NMPaul Chris G. told me I
>need to get in touch
>with you as he says
>you know some of the
>higher area's of that unit
>that could help for that
>hunt???
>
>Jordan

Jordan, no great input but I sent you a pm.

Paul,

I was looking at an antelope mount in Alamogordo at a taxidermist's place. The buck had horn growth on the bridge of his noce. He said that was a common thing on McGregor? It was neat that extra horn growth! Keep us posted as to what you get and if it has that horn material on the bridge of his nose? I need a goat like that it was pretty sweet looking! Good luck!

ktc,have not seen any with horn on the bridge of their nose, but, did see one buck scouting with a horn laying on the side of his head. Did not get a real good look at him. Also a couple of wide bucks.
Nothing that really stands out yet and we have been out a couple of times.

Paul,

You will have to look really close. The buck I saw was maybe 1 1/2" long by 1/2" high? Not real big, but up close very noticeable and very cool! Like I said the taxi said that was a common characteristic? Good luck!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom