upcoming henry mountain archery tag 2021.

Archery21

I was one a the lucky ones to draw this tag! I was wounding if anyone out there would like to share a little info not partially spots but what they did as far as setting up base camp travel trailer, camper, tenting. Reason I'm ask is I tried to make it up on memorial weekend and had truck problems lol go figure. so it took me a month to fix all the issues. so I took my 26 travel trailer and 3 dogs 2kids and a wife on my scouting trip wow what a long trip!. we drove up the west side and stayed at McMillan springs. Stayed close just to learn area for the first two days, on the third day drove over to the horn not much up being as it was 97+ everyday. wanted to explore more but me being out alone the wife and kids made me fill guilty lol. after looking around I'm not sure that's the right place for base camp. I'm making another weekend trip to check out lonesome beaver side. At this point so far I thinking tent and wheelers.

Any info will be a big help thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Mcmillan springs is as good a spot as any to camp. We stay there when we make our (mostly) annual trip down there in August just to look at the deer. From there you will see deer in any direction you go.
I wouldn't take a camp trailer up there even though I've seen a few there. We always take a wall tent.

Mcmillan springs is as good a spot as any to camp. We stay there when we make our (mostly) annual trip down there in August just to look at the deer. From there you will see deer in any direction you go.
I wouldn't take a camp trailer up there even though I've seen a few there. We always take a wall tent.
Is that camp ground packed during the archery hunt?

I've never been there on the opener. I have been there the weekend before and the most I've ever seen is one other camp.

Was there for a rifle hunt, we set up camp near bromide canyon and crescent creek. There was a little spring/pond there with some space for our enclosed trailers and such.

I went in on capitol reef side is the Hanksville side better? do ya know?
We went in via hanksville, from there you can go up to Ellen, or go around the other side. Most of the bigger deer were taken on the other mtns that year though. Deer all over though! Good luck!

Last edited:
You are going to have a blast! I pulled my jumping jack to McMillian Springs and hunted off a bike from there. The campground was pretty much wide open other than labor day weekend. Bull creek pass is a must, along with a couple of others. I'd mention them but people who will never even draw a tag may take offense. P.M. me and I can give you my input.

Went up scouting this weekend seen some nice deer. But the smoke from those fire made it difficult to glass hope these fires calm down before the hunt.

Take your time... Most bucks killed opening day are over apple piles. LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Enjoy the experience of being there, of stalking bucks that get away, of just being in God's creation. No need to rush it my friend.

Take your time... Most bucks killed opening day are over apple piles. LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Enjoy the experience of being there, of stalking bucks that get away, of just being in God's creation. No need to rush it my friend.
Yes stalking can get very frustrating. Just watching them bust and then move out a couple hundred yards and stare at me and go back to feeding lol. They are amazing to watch though. Definitely enjoying it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom