Update

C

crazyaboutcoues

This last weekend was pretty rough, for me at least. Haven't seen a Coues buck in three days. My buddy on the other hand took a beautiful 3 point, i'd say in the upper 70s low 80s range. He shot him at 15 yards, made a perfect heart shot.

The only thing that has been giving me any opportunity for a shot is that same 3 point mule deer. I'm going out again tommorrow and Wednesday, Hopefully things will go my way. :)

Later

Crazy: I hope you get a shot at the big coues you know is around there. Hopefully he makes a route and comes by your stand. If nothing else, go over where PW and I were and there is a good Muley you could vent some anger on.... Allen Taylor......

Go get 'em crazy...he's out there waiting in the bushes for ya...those couesies are kinda tough huh? I'll send some spuds to help them find their way to your stand...hehe...

I hope these next couple days are good for you. Good luck to you...get a biggen...

Scott G.

Ohh man I jacked up royal :(. It was about 12 noon today. I was coming off this ridge heading towards a saddle. I decided to stop and sit on the tree that lay across the trail. I started to dose off so I sat on the ground and leaned on the dead tree. Before I knew it I was laying flat on my back using my pack as a pillow. BIG MISTAKE! about 10 minutes went by I was listening to the woods enjoying my ciesta. The next thing I know I'm being awakened by a very loud crunching sound.

Now picture this I'm laying flat on back with my bow to my left. My hat was over my eyes to cover the sun. I hear a loud noise, I wake up thinking a bear was about to have lunch. I look up and look just under the brim of my hat, and there's a huge 4x3 Coues standing not ten feet from me. he was walking right to me. The buck sensed something was wrong and started stomping his foot. I slowly reach over and get my bow slowly start doing a situp. The whole time this buck is just watching me. I draw my bow and I can't look though my peep sight cause my lower cam is hitting the ground. There is no way I can make the shot sitting on my ass. I'm screwed. There I am at full draw with a 110 class Coues buck at ten feet and I can't shoot. The buck decided he'd had enough he bolted away showing me nothing but the white flag. I just sat there thinking about what had just happen. All I could do is laugh.

I'm headed out for the last day tomorrow. There is no way I will be taking a ciesta. You gotta love it!!!!

Later

I do some of my best hunting just prior to napping ;). Last year I got ready to lay down for a nap under a big juniper tree and happened to look around one last time before I layed down with the binos and glassed up a big bear sleeping across the canyon from me. A different time I was trying to take a nap near a water guzzler midday while turkey hunting and the scroungy turkeys calling their heads off woke me up, I looked around and a gobbler was coming in to drink, he busted me when I sat up to grab my gun and ran off. Now, I try to not take naps or at least make sure the gun is close at hand when I do so :). One day I will learn my lesson and take no more naps while hunting....Good luck, I hope you get a big one..

Bret M.

BUSTED.... I have a hard time sleeping in the woods... It is amazing how a snore sounds like a bear growling.. gggrrrrrr....
It give me the creeps...

Hahahahaha...I feel for you Tommy. Good luck today...let us know! What an adventure!

Scott G.

Crazy: you should have just slept in a tree, then at least he wouldnt have seen you......LOL......I hope you stick him or another hog...... Allen Taylor......

Last day was uneventful at least for me. My buddy unloaded his quiver at a 3 point. I never saw a deer. oh well there is always next year.

Later

Sorry about that. But you have some great memories of that 110 buck! What a rush!

Scott G.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom